Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Not the first and definitely not the last...

What a weekend!! It started off slow enough with a lazy day the begining of Saturday which included a 2 hour nap for mommy and some much needed rest for a coughing Aleczander.  In the evening, Alfred, Alec and I went to Sugarland to help the Zaybak family celebrate Nicholas' 3rd birthday at The Little Gym.  If you have never been there before, it's a pretty cool place. 




The little dare devil wanted to jump by himself!



Aleczander had a lot of fun and got all worked up for a nice nap for our long haul from Sugarland to Splendora to celebrate the sister in laws birthday with some BBQ and a lot of dancing to Selena music!  All was good and easy going until this happened...



It's not Aleczander's first "run in" with a stationary object and I'm sure it won't be the last.  This time he was scurrying after a ball with and he got a little tangled with another kid and the edge of a door ended his fun.  It bruised immediately and it bumped out, which is good.  If you have children and they ever run into anything and the indention goes inward or doesn't bump out, that isn't very good.  I learned that from the first time Alec had a nice run in with the corner of our DVD case when he first started walking.  That was a hit directly to the head and I was on head trauma watch overnight to make sure he didn't have a concusion.  No fun there. 

Luckily (if you can call it that), his cheek broke his fall this time instead of his head. I thought his cheekbone was broken so we packed our stuff up and left the party immediately.  Thank goodness that I have a level headed hubby who convinced me not to rush our baby to the closest hospital after he did some "post trauma moment" re-evaluations.  Alec allowed us to touch around his boo-boo and allowed us to put a little ice on it and stopped crying by the time we pulled out of the driveway.  That gave us enough comfort to drive home, give the little man a bath and put him to bed with some children's pain reliever, of course.  Here is day 2 and 3 of the damage...



The good old saying "it's going to get worse before it gets better" definitely applies here.  But he's a champ!  Mommy isn't trying to raise a sissy here!! Suck it up, son! Ha, ha.  Just kidding. 

Our new swing set in the backyard has been a lot of fun for the whole family, including our daughter, Lilly. 




 Does this swing make me look fat?


Aleczander is in training to be the first Mexi-rican NBA player and he is doing a great job at it. He usually measures in the 75% for height compared to children his age, so he has that going for him.  Him and daddy love to shoot hoops on Alec's new toy.


Well that's all I have to say for now.  I'm going to see what kind of trouble my son is getting into now.  He's being a little too quiet for my comfort...

Ta-Ta for now!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I know that kid! He reminds me of my childhood friend

    ReplyDelete