Sunday, March 20, 2011

Linkin, Janet and Cirque... O - MY!


March 3, 2011
Well I have been such a busy body lately, that I can barely keep up with myself.  Let's see... for starters, Alfred and I saw Linkin Park in concert on March 3rd and it was by far the most rockin' concert we have ever ever ever been to!! They put on one hell of a show!  It was Alfred's first official concert, not including Buzzfest and Rodeo Concerts so he was pretty stoked.  We are glad they decided to reschedule their date in Houston after initially cancelling it due to one of the singers being ill.  Our seats weren't the greatest, but with the energy that was in that place, any seat was a good seat.
 

March 4th, 2011
On March 4th, my friend Mimi and I went to go see the one and only Janet Jackson at the Rodeo (an awesome birthday gift from the lovely Ms. Mimi).  If you know me at all then you know I love me some old school Janet!  She is so amazing and her performance was awesome!  She performed a bunch of her number 1 hits and I was a singing fool! 



March 8th, 2011
I didn't want my baby to miss out on the rodeo fun this year, so we got tickets to go see Keith Urban on March 8th.  Alfred isn't a big Keith fan, but I like him a lot.  His song "Memories of Us" was the song I wanted as our wedding song, but it lost to Alfred's favorite "Don't Want to Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith.  Even though it was raining and muggy that night, we still enjoyed ourselves. 




March 13th, 2011
 oVo = <3


Cirque du Soliel never ceases to amaze me. For my birthday back in January, Alfred bought me tickets to see their show oVo under the bigtop at Sam Houston Parkway.  I thought it would take forever for the date to get here for us to go, but before we knew it, it was here!  And it was well worth the wait!!

oVo was the 4th Cirque show Alfred and I have been to.  We have see Verakai (our favorite), Saltimbanco, Beatles Love in Las Vegas and then oVo.  If you have never seen a Cirque show, add it to your list of things to do!  If you get an opportunity to see it in their traveling tents, it is the best way to go.  There is quite literally not a bad seat in the house.  Even though you are not suppose to take pictures inside, I was a bad girl and got this one pic of the stage before the show started...




If there is one thing is to be said about my recent endeavors from hard rock with Linkin Park to old school R&B with Janet to unusual and beautiful creative arts of Cirque, it is that I am genuinely an eclectic kind of person.  I love live theater and live music and I appreciate all forms that it comes in. I wish I had more time and more opportunities to enjoy them. 

So, somewhere in between all of the outings and work, I have become slightly obsessed with a new book series that I am almost finished with.  It's actually a miracle that I am taking time away from my Kindle and reading it right now to do this blog.  The series is called The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and it is amazing.  I love falling in love with a book and having that sense of excitement and eagerness to get back to reading it and losing myself in it. I started the first book on March 5th and started the 2nd book on March 11th.  By March 15th, I was well into the pages of book 3 and I am about 68% complete with that one as of right now, according to my wonderful Kindle.  I love that I can access my books that I purchased from my Kindle on either my iPad, my phone, my PC or my Kindle.  It makes keeping up with the story nice and easy.  It's even more exciting to know that the books are currently being made into a movie that is suppose to come out next year.  I love seeing a book brought to life, even if it never really lives up to how I pictured it. 


Another book I recently read that is being made into a movie is Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen.  It was an excellent book that I finished in about 4 days as well.  The book's main characters are being played by Robert Pattinson and Reese Witherspoon in the on screen version.  I am a huge Reese fan and Robert isn't too bad to look at so I will be dragging Alfred with me to see that one in the near future. 

Speaking of near futures, someone has a 2nd birthday coming up in a week and a half!! O-MY-WORD where does the time go?!?  Aleczander will be 2 years old on April 1st.  Since we did it up so big for his 1st birthday, we are going to keep it low key this year.  We plan on taking him to the zoo so he can ride the train that goes around Hermann Park.  I can't belive that my baby boy is about to officially hit the terrible 2's but we are ready to see what kind of chaos he is going to bring our way.  He has definitely given us a sneak peek at what's to come.  Let me share a few of those with you...

This one is of Aleczander jumping as high as he possible could in his crib.  He thought it was great fun until he lost grip and hit his head on the rail.  But that only side tracked him for about 5 minutes while he cried, then he was back up and at it again.  


This next one is of Alec strategically removing all of the pillows off of our couch to place them on the floor in order for him to have a safe landing sight for when he launches himself off of the couch.  At least he takes precautionary measures to ensure his safety, right?



Occassionally we are able to get him to settle down to do something productive like play a game of checkers with daddy.



He's such a good kid and I am totally lucky and blessed to have him in my life. MAYBE one day he will make a great big brother but we will have to see what God planned for us as far as that goes. 



2 comments:

  1. Stu said water for elephants was amazing! Cannot wait for it to come out! If he is not home when it comes out- we should make a date. I will go and see it twice anyway fir when he is in town!!

    ReplyDelete