Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Swing in for a good time!

First things first.  One of my best friends, Jennifer, is pregnant!!! I am so excited for her new adventure that she is going through and I can't wait to meet baby B. She is due on September 10th which will be here in no time! I know she and Stu are going to make amazing parents!  This is the first of my friends that I have had the pleasure to endure their pregnancy with from start to finish.  My other best friends who have children (and I say children because they are all over the age of 5 by now) were all pregnant while living out of town and one even went through her pregnancy out of the country! Also, she is my first friend to be pregnant since I had Aleczander and I can share some experiences/stories/advice with her since I was in her shoes not too long ago. 

Speaking of my spud, I cannot believe he is creeping up on "the terrible 2's" (although I could of sworn we were already there).  We are only about 6 weeks away from my baby turning 2 years old.  Where does the time go?!?!  This past weekend we bought Alec a new swing set that daddy put together ALL by himself.  I tried to help him, but the control freak, over-bearing, want to do everything/question everything side of me didn't mesh well with the project at hand.  So he took over and voila...

Isn't it wonderful?!?! 


 And I think it is safe to say Alec likes it...


Here is Alec in Alfred's truck just "kicking back" while we were out and about the other day. 
I love his baby Converse shoes.


A couple of weeks ago, Alfred and I had a nice day out with Aleczander.  We took him to the Children's Museum in the Woodlands for a couple of hours and he really enjoyed himself.


He loved the fisht tank! I have been trying to convince Alfred to get Alec a little fish tank and maybe a beta fish, but no go on that idea yet.  The next day was Superbowl Sunday and as usual, we had an impromptu get together at the casa with some of the in-laws and my baby (my big baby) did his thing on the BBQ pit.  While daddy was making it happen on the grill, Aleczander was making it happen with the baseball bat.


That's my future Yankee right there! 
 Look at how he holds the bat!! He is a NATURAL!


A new love of Aleczander's is shooting pool. Ever since Alfred was tall enough to see over the side of the pool table he has been giving his uncles a run for their money.  Well it looks like Aleczander is picking up on daddy's good talents. The other night we had Alec on our pool table in the garage and he was pushing all of the balls into the pockets with the que stick.  He was so proud of himself and he did so well with it. 


My baby loves any game that has a ball! He also loves his "choo-choos" Thomas and Gordon. Those thing are on all day at the house making sounds from some corner or from under some cushion.  If you attempt to turn off the toy at any time, he will find it and turn it back on.  He has to have them on in the background just making their "choo-choo" sounds. 

Alfred and I were suppose to go see Linkin Park last night in concert for our Valentine's date but they cancelled the show.  They rescheduled for March 3rd so we are excited about that.  So since we already had a babysitter lined up, we decided to take advantage of that and went and had a nice dinner instead.  It's rare that he and I get some alone time out and about so it was nice.  He is so amazing to me and an awesome father.  I really do look forward to what life has in store for us.













1 comment: