Monday, November 28, 2011

6 weeks or less.

33 weeks into baby brewing and all is going well, thank God.  A lot has happened since my last post so I have some catching up to do.  For starters, baby girl's baby shower was on November 13th and it was amazing.  My friends and family did a great job putting it together and everyone had a good time.  The beautiful decorations were all done by none other than the crafty Jennifer Borgman.  All I told her was that I wanted the colors to be red, white, pink and yellow and that the theme was fairies and this is what she came up with . . .

 

I had no idea what the cake was going to look like and this is what showed up.  How cute is that?!?! And it was DELICIOUS!! It was a banana pudding cake. Yummmmmy!!


The hostess with the mostess . . .



Everything was so beautiful and I was so appreciative for all that went into putting it together. I'm a little upset that I didn't get pictures of the candy bar or the onesie station I set up for everyone.  Here is a pic of the partying gift I set out to go along with the candy bar for everyone.  They are hand painted glass gems.  They have fairies, butterflies, wands and wings on them. I love me some etsy.com!
At the onesie station I had the guests use fabric markers to decorate a onesie for baby girl to wear.  They came out so cute.  Baby girl got a lot of good stuff.  A lot of adorable clothes and blankets. And thanks to grandpa and "mimi", she got a brand new, super cute pink stroller and car seat.  LOVE! Here are a couple of other pics from the party.

The Grandmommies

 

Baby girl's onsie to match Aleczander's "big brother" t-shirt.
 

My best friends Jennifer, Cory, Deniece and Shika.  We haven't all been together since my wedding when they were my bridesmaids.  All of us are mommies now. 
  
A little after party get together.

After the shower was said and done, I became inspired to finally work on the nursery.  We bought a used crib from one of Alfred's co-workers and it is in pristine condition.  We moved our tall dresser from our room to her room and we are re-using the rocking chair and changing station from Alec's room (which we converted into a dino-land... pics of that will come later). So all in all, the furniture in her room cost us a whopping $80.  Not too bad, huh?  Here are some pics of the progress before her bedding came in.

  
And then a pic of crib area with bedding. It's all coming together slowly.
Notice the hanging fairy in the corner.
The picture above her bed is another spot on gift from Titi Jennifer. Isn't it perfect?

At my last doc appointment, I measured 2.0 and he said that all is looking well.  He is going to schedule the c-section (if I don't go naturally) for either the 6th or 9th of January.  I'm hoping for the 6th because it is a holiday in Puerto Rico called "Tres Reyes Day" which means "Three Kings Day." And it would cut this pregnancy down by 3 days!!

I have been getting really uncomfortable lately.  I have Braxton Hicks contractions all day every day.  I'm still getting hungry really often and the heartburn/indigestion is the worst. At max, I only have 6 weeks left which is exciting.  According to babycenter she should weigh over 4lbs and be over 17 inches long.  She doesn't really kick anymore.  Instead, she does more rolling around and stretching in there.  I always feel her on my right side.  Her booty is under the top part of my right rib, her feet are on the left side and she is head down.  How do I know all this?  Well for starters, I can feel it all.  Also,
we got a 3D/4D ultrasound of her the other day. She is so amazing.  She has my nose, chubby cheeks and makes a lot of facial expressions.  She doesn't look anything like Alec did in his ultrasound pic so we are unsure of who she will resemble. I am suppose to receive a DVD of the pics sometime in the next week so I will be able to share some more then, but for now, here is a pic that I took of one of the pics they gave me. 

Isn't she GREAT?!?!
We can't wait to meet her.

Aleczander is doing great!  He is so smart and so much fun to be around (when he's not being a brat).  His newest thing is hitting people.  NOT GOOD.  When he gets mad or when he doesn't get his way or when we tell him "no" he hits us.  We are really trying to break him of the habit but "time out" doesn't seem to phase him too much.  He really loves his dino-room, which I need to take pics of soon. This boy loves his dinosaurs.  Here he is while playing at the mall during one of his weekly trips to the play area with grandma.


You know what else he loves?  My iPad. It's a battle daily with him when I want to use it. Here he is tucked away in his car with his favorite blankie and the iPad.  I guess I should be grateful that it doesn't take much to keep this kid happy.



This past week, Alfred took the week off for vacation. It was nice to have him home to spend time with us.  And we got a lot done around the house.  The day before Thanksgiving, we put up our Christmas decorations and our tree.  Alec LOVES the tree.  When we leave the house he says "bye bye tree" and waves at it.  It's not the biggest or most lavish tree, but it makes us happy and it's child friendly.  If it had more decorations on it, it would just mean more decorations we would have to put back on it daily since Alec loves to take them off.

 

Me and my Love on Thanksgiving day.

Well I think that about catches me up with all that is going on around Casa de Hernandez.  The next big event will be on December 10th when we have a diaper party/BBQ at the house with family and friends.  I'm sure there will be plenty to post about after that. 




No comments:

Post a Comment