1. I love his hands. There is nothing sweeter than a child's hands. So little. So soft and sweet.
2. I love his crazy hair. If you have never met Aleczander, he has 2 very crazy and powerful cowlicks that make his hair and ever lasting crazy mess.
4. I love his profile. His profile is still identical to the way it looked in his 3D ultrasound and it amazes me to this day.
The ultrasound is him looking to the left and his little hands are covering his nose. So the parts of the face that can be seen are his chin and his cheeks and his eyes, which are closed.
5. I love how he loves his daddy. When daddy comes home from work it is very obvious that it is Alec's favorite part of the day.
7. I love smile. His smile and his laugh are so contagious. Even if he is doing something he isn't suppose to be doing, if he finds it funny, so do I.
Some things about baby girl and this pregnancy:
My cervix is staying pretty consistent. It is still measuring around the same it has for the past weeks. So I continue to be on bed rest. But there is a small ray of hope. Doc says that if I measure the same next week that he may allow me to return to work but I have to be sitting down 50% of my day. So now I am waiting for an approval from work to see if I am even allowed to return with conditions like that. I am a little nervous about going back to work though. I am so use to being horizontal all day and doing very little that any time I do get up to do a tiny bit of house work or hang out with Alec, I get tired and dizzy very easily. After 5 weeks of being so still, my body isn't use to moving around. If/when I go back to work, I have a feeling it isn't going to be easy. Even taking a shower is exhausting these days. The joys of bed rest! People tell me "I would gladly trade places with you" or "you're so lucky that you get to be in bed all day" but I wouldn't wish this hell on anyone. Staying in bed all day. Bored, worried, alone, anxious, restless. So, fingers crossed that my body cooperates and that I can go back to work. But only if it doesn't put my baby girl at risk. I miss my work people. I miss doing my job.
I registered for some stuff on amazon.com since I can't make it to an actual store quite yet. I am hoping to have a baby shower for baby girl in the beginning of November. She is moving a lot these days. I finally gained some weight. A whole 5lbs. But since the beginning of this pregnancy I am still 16lbs down. My doc said that he would normally get on to someone who gained 5lbs in one week but I needed to gain some weight and he was happy to see that I did. But I still have some ground to make up. Here are a couple of week 24 (6 months) pictures.
I have a huge craving for cantaloupe but I just found out today that cantaloupe has been recalled due to listeria bacteria harming and even killing some people. Not cool. Cantaloupe has been my 4a.m. meal when baby girl wakes me up starving.
Well that's all I have for today. If I do get to go back to work, I can foresee the frequency of the blogs coming down a bit. Prayers and fingers crossed!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment