Monday, September 12, 2011

Change is good. But so is staying the same.

Maybe you have heard the saying that "change is a good thing." And as a person who gets bored easily, I totally agree.  But in the case of a short cervix, change could be bad thing.  It just depends on the change.  In my case there is no change, so it's a good thing.  My cervix measured this week at 2.2 centimeters so it is staying pretty consistent with all the other measurements.  So the good news is that is hasn't gotten shorter.  That is something to thank God for.  Bad news is that my doctor still wants me on bed rest for at least another 2 weeks.  He is trying to get me as close to my 3rd trimester as possible before he takes any risks like sending me back to work. When I do (if ever) get released to go back to work, I will be chained to my desk and not really allowed to walk or stand through out the day.  So here I will lay for another week.  Actually, another week and 2 days.  My next doctor' appointment is next Wednesday. 

I am desperate to find things to keep me entertained and busy.  As I mentioned earlier, I get bored easily so the same things over and over are getting on my nerves.  I started to crochet a blanket for my baby girl but I gave that up about 2 weeks ago.  In about a week, that may become interesting again. I need to search for some new apps for my iPad, but even it has lost it's appeal.  Watching "Friends" on Nick at Night on TV has kept me satisfied at night so that is good.  I have picked up on a new website obsession though.  It's http://www.pinterest.com/  If you haven't been on it before, DON'T DO IT!! It becomes all consuming and obsessive.  I love it!  A friend of mine recommended on-line scrap booking and it is something I really want to get into. I checked it out but as I mentioned in my very first blog post, once I start something, I don't stop until I'm done.  So I need to be prepared mentally before I take on an endeavor such as scrap booking.  I have done one scrapbook in my life and I lost so much sleep over that thing! A couple of weeks ago I started to read "The Help" because I have seen so many good things about it but it hasn't really grabbed me yet. 


One good thing that this bed rest/at home time has allowed me to do is take more pics of my baby boy doing things through out the day.


Here are some of him enjoying the couple of days of beautiful weather we had outside.
Don't mind his hair.  He had just woken up from a nap.



Can't forget about Lilly.



Here are some of him enjoying a bubble bath.

 

And here are some of him working on an art project.  I got the idea from pinterest.com.


The final product.


This past weekend I allowed myself a couple of minutes to get out of the house to enjoy a snow cone.
Here are some pics of Aleczander enjoying his. 

 I love that face.

And here he is with his favorite blanket, in his favorite place... up his nose.


And then just a couple of pics of him playing at home and hanging out with his favorite person, daddy.


One of my dreams is to own a fancy camera and know how to operate it correctly.  My biggest dream is to be a self employed photographer and take beautiful images.  I want to grow up to be just like Amanda Adams!  Ha!  She is the wife of a guy I went to high school with and she is one AMAZING photographer.  Check her stuff out ----> http://www.dayzphotography.com/.

We are still anxiously awaiting the arrival of Ms. Miana Nicole Borgman.  She was due on Saturday, September 10th but she is still hiding out.  Come on baby girl!! I can't wait to hold you!! I guess she will come when she is good and ready.  Or when the doc decided to evict her. Ha!

Well that's all I have for this week.  As requested the past 3 weeks, please keep my family in your prayers.  God is good and I know with him that all things are possible.  I know he will get my family through this trying time and before we know it, our baby girl will be here for us all to spoil. 


No comments:

Post a Comment