I have most of the "wonderful" pregnancy symptoms still but they are slowly fading away. Instead of having "morning sickness" (which lasted ALL day with Alec), I have evening sickness with this baby. I feel somewhat nauseas throughout the whole day but it gets worse around 5pm until I go to bed. I wake up at least 2 times a night; once to potty and once to eat because I am starving around 3am. I am absolutely exhausted still and I can fall asleep at the drop of a hat. I don't care where I am, what I'm doing, who I'm with... if it is quiet for more than 2 minutes, my head is down and I'm out for the count. It's incredible what a 10-15 minute cat nap can do for my nausea and my strength.
My sense of smell still runs my life. I cannot stand the smell of any type of cleaning chemicals or cleaning products even down to the dish or bath soap in our home. Perfumes, colognes, Germ Ex, fruity or floraly lotions and a whole bunch of other normal every day scents make me gag. I don't remember being this sensitive to smell with Alec. I am still taking nausea medicine but not as often as I needed to a couple of weeks ago. On Saturday, I went the whole day without taking any. But Sunday (which was Father's Day) was a completely different story. I'm hoping that is an idicator that I am toward the end of this "stage" of this pregnancy. Feels like it has been taking forever! Only 2 weeks left (hopefully). I am not "showing" yet but my shorts and some of my jeans are fitting a little tighter than usual. With Alec, I was showing at 3 months but that is probably because of all the weight loss I experienced. It has been said that you show earlier with baby #2 because your body knows what to do and your abdomen is already stretched from baby #1. I don't think that will apply to me this time. I'm okay with that. That allows me to hold off on spending money on maternity clothes for just a little longer.
Baby (the "grown" one) update: Aleczander is amazing. He FINALLY has 2 of the 4 molars in that he has been trying to push through for the longest. He loves to dance and sing lately and his new favorite (and I mean drop what he's doing and run to the TV FAVORITE) show is "Dino Dan" on Nick Jr. This kid loves dinosaurs!! When they come on TV he growls at them and says "dawww", which is his way to pronounce "dinosaur." This "Dino Dan" show provides me at least 20 minutes of peace in which I can cuddle with Alec and take a quick little nap. Thank you Dino Dan, thank you!
This past weekend, Alfred, Alec and I went to Clute to celebrate Alec's cousins, Caila and Caiden's, birthday. It was at an outdoor park area that provided ample amount of room for Alec to run free. And run free he did. He DID NOT care that it was 100+ degrees outside. This kid was everywhere! Other children were content with hanging out under the shaded covered area and playing games, but Alec was free as a bird. He wanted to play basketball with the grown men, go down the slide 3000 times, swing, run across a small bridge that was near the park repeatedly and do everything in his power to avoid daddy and me. Where do they get this energy from?!?
Here is a picture of daddy helping him participate in his first sack race. He had so much fun though. My boy is going to be an outside sport kind of kid and mommy is okay with that. Mommy can work on her tan during baseball games. I love him so much.
SO MUCH.
SO MUCH.
We are waiting till we get a little closer to the arrival of baby number 2 before we completely convert Alec's room into a toddler wonderland. We will get him a new twin size bed, get rid of the nursery themed stuff in his room and move on to a more "grown up" themed room. Maybe we will do "dawww" (dinosaur) theme. Alfred and I go on vacation at the end of the month and on our list of things to do is paint the inside of the casa. I'm super excited about this but I hope my energy has returned and my super-sonic sense of smell has stopped.
The newest addition to our lives has a nice little home in our garage. To what am I reffering to? My new and improved mommy-mobile. I got a new car!! I bought myself a new Ford Edge and she is a beauty. I justify this purchase because of the need for more room for a second car seat when baby #2 arrives and the old Saturn Vue just seemed like it was lacking in that area. I have had my eye on this car for YEARS and I finally had an excuse to get it. She is equipped with a whole lot of the latest technology and gadgets and I love her color. The only thing she is missing that I really wished I could have is a sunroof. I miss having a car with a sunroof. Next time.
This Sunday is Jennifer and Miana's baby shower. I still have a bit of shopping to do for some of the essential party things (plates, cups, forks, etc) but all of the fun and personalized stuff is purchased and ready to go! This party is going to be so beautiful, just like Jennifer is and just like Miana is going to be. I can't believe Jennifer is already 7 months pregnant! It truly feels like just the other day she called to tell me the exciting news! Her hubby Stu (who I lovingly refer to as Stewie) could not be there at her maternity photo shoot so she asked me to do the honors and keep her company . Of course I jumped at the opportunity and I am so glad I did. The amazing photographer, Amanda (http://www.dayzphotography.com/) able to capture this special moment between my beautiful best friend and I.
I'm so glad I was there for her and her pictures came out incredible!



No comments:
Post a Comment