My first blog. I don't have a clue what I am doing, but here it goes. I will be using this blog to create an online diary of my life, interests, thoughts, etc. so it can be kept for future reference but also so it can be shared with my family and friends. I am excited to get it all started but a little overwhelmed with it. I have a tendency to start a project or idea and not want to stop until it finished. Well the thing with this blog is that it should never really "finish" and that may leave me feeling a little frustrated. But I will give it a shot and hope for the best. I have 2 friends who I know of that have a blog and they have inspired me to start one; My BFF, Jennifer Borgman (Ronchaquira) and an old childhood friend, Jessica Pence (Cooksey). Thank you to you two for your inspiration.
He loves anything with cheese (just like his mommy and daddy). Especially macaroni and cheese and grilled cheese sandwiches. He absolutely cannot stand the taste of spaghetti sauce or tomato sauce unless it is on pizza. This kid LOVES pizza. He still only has 4 teeth (which everyone, pediatrician included, tells me not to worry about) so we haven't gotten too advanced with the food options yet. He is currently weighing about 28 lbs and is tall for his age at around 34 inches. He learns so fast and has such an amazing ability to apply it (when he wants). I call him "dude" and "handsome" because he is one handsome dude. I'm sure I should start thinking about his 2nd birthday party, but I am notorious for procrastinating so I will think about it later.
Lilly (our Pug) is as fat as ever but she is doing great. She loves her treats and her toys and she is starting to love her brother Alec more and more each time he drops some of dinner on the ground. The "new" house isn't feeling so new anymore. I really wish we had time to paint our walls and give this place a fresh look. There are just so many colors to choose from and it takes so much time to paint. I refuse to pay someone to do it because I actually do enjoy painting if I was to have the time. Maybe I can dedicate some vacation time next year to do that.
I have recently become obsessed with the idea of learning more about photography. My truest dream is to become a professional photographer one day and to own my own photography business. I don't know the first thing about taking pictures or fancy cameras but I do know I love pictures and all that they represent. I don't want to learn about photography through books and classes though. I am a hands on learner. I want to learn as I go and as I experience it. There is a photographer out there who is truly and inspiration to me. She is the wife of a co-worker of mine and she has built her business from the ground up and is amazing at what she does and she is very successful. Check her out http://www.portraits.koppiwrite.com/. To do what she has done would be a dream come true for me and I wish I had the time to get my dream started but I know that once I start that it has a high chance of becoming all consuming and an obsession that I would not be able to let go easily.
Although I love the creativity and freedom that comes with being a photographer, I also enjoy administrative tasks such as paperwork, scheduling, filing and other "desk job" things like that. It probably has a lot to do with the fact that I am a little OCD and I LOVE organizing. To me, stress relief comes in the form of cleaning, organizing, de-cluttering and making things more aesthetically pleasing. I think being that slightly OCD person would help me be a successful business owner. I know one day I will pursue my dream and make it a reality. I just need to find that "push" to get me started. Maybe a new and advanced camera would get me there... hint, hint.
I love things that are artsy and crafty and handmade. Etsy.com is one of my favorite websites EVER!! If you have never visited it before, do it now!! I have a few friends who are super artsy and crafty and I wish I had 1/10th of the talent they do. Shannon Jex made Aleczander an amazing growth chart and she is talented beyond belief. http://www.shannonjex.com/. Another childhood friend, Katherine Williams (Phillips) has an awesome artsy side too. She actually handmade a lot of the things at her own wedding, which Alfred and I had the pleasure to attend. She rocks. So do make up artists. It's amazing what make-up can do to a person. The possibilities are endless. At one point in my life, I aspired to be a make up artist. I have a couple of make up books that were my favorites back in the days that I use to study and read often. So many dreams, so little time...
Well I feel myself starting to ramble and attempt to "finish" the blog by talking about my whole life in one sitting so I will just end it here. I'm sure I will write about it all at some point in the near future. I must say though that even though this is my first post ever, I do feel that blogging could be very therapeutic. Maybe I will just unleash all of my artistic desires on this blog and use it to network with others who share my dreams.
Thanks for reading. More to come soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment